Monday, March 17, 2008

Radiosurgery Centers of Excellence

Having explored the surgical options and read some horror stories about what the after-effects can be, I am thinking that I should take the lowest risk option - non-invasive radiosurgery - for this acoustic neuroma.

In my web research I came across this really useful guide to radiosurgery - a website by the "International RadioSurgery Association" - an independent organization, has dedicated itself to providing educational information and guidelines on stereotactic radiosurgery for brain tumours and brain disorders to governments, regulatory agencies, insurers and referring physicians.

One of the really useful resources they provide is a guide to Centers of Excellence around the world - wished I'd found it earlier :-(


No comments: