Saturday, March 8, 2008

What to do?

I think the higher dose (1200 mgs per day) of tegretol has finally clicked in. I feel pretty good today. Just a few twinges but no big spasms. Of course, I am avoiding rubbing my face (e.g., when drying myself after a shower - that reminds me - did I have a shower today?) 'coz I know that will cause a spasm. But the important thing is that I am not getting any spontaneous spasms. And at last - I can eat and drink. Still don't know if I can talk - haven't tried that - still living like a recluse.

However, I still have to determine what to do as regards operating on the tumour. Here's a possibility - a positive story about a revolutionary alternative to traditional open-brain surgery and/or daily radiation treatments. The new Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion™ instead uses focused doses of radiation without making a single incision to treat malignant and benign brain tumors and other brain disorders.



No comments: